Winners of the Photography Contest awards will be selected by the MHS Photo Contest chair and two other members appointed by the chair.
– Adult (over 18, must be an MHS member) and
– Junior (18 and under, open to general public)
– the entrant’s name, address, and telephone number
– the category in which it is to be entered
– the subject of the entry (name of the cultivar, if a close-up)
– any additional information that could be used in captioning the photo should it be selected as a winner, such as:
> camera and lens used,
> time of day
The Photo Chair will assemble all eligible entries and provide them to the other members of the committee.
The committee will select the winner in each category and the Photo Chair will notify the winners.
– displayed at the spring MHS Meeting
– published in the Spring issue of the Hostaphile
The winning photographers in each category will receive:
– a framed award certificate
– a gift card commensurate with their award level
> First place $25 gift card
> Second place $15 gift card
> Third place $10 gift card
These awards, established in 2018, are sponsored by the Minnesota Hosta Society (MHS) to encourage members, their families and the general public to visit our MHS Display Garden, to photograph our hostas AND to share their photographs with other members and the general public.
All photos entered must be taken at the MHS Display Garden which is located next to the Smith-Douglas-Moore House at
8107 Eden Prairie Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55347.
Email digital files to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, and telephone number.
The Photo Chair will provide the MHS President, Website Coordinator and editor of the Hostaphile with the names of the winners and a digital copy of each winning photo by April 30.
Entries will not be returned. All entries received become part of the MHS and ‘Hostaphile’ photographic archives and may be used at the discretion of the Editor of the ‘Hostaphile’ in any future issue.